Saturday, June 12, 2010

a week on suffering...

So for those of you who know, or don't know, the past couple of weeks I've been struggling with homesickness, pretty bad actually, even to the point where I had my church pray for it. Crazy stuff huh? Its been haunting me for awhile, probably a month or so. But God has totally rocked my life this week of this subject; At our Monday morning base meeting our base director spoke about missionaries who just take beating after beating, mentally and physically, but yet still press on for Jesus, than we got two days of teaching on the book of Hebrews which was written to heavily persecuted Jews who were close to turning their back on Jesus and heading back to Judaism seeing as it was protected under Roman Law so they would have been safe there, and than after that we got a teaching on 1Peter which was written to people all through the Roman Empire who were facing discrimination from their friends, communities and even their own families and after all this how can I look at my life and thinking that theres something better? I'm an American, so that in itself helps me, I live in Taiwan probably one of the freest countries in Asia, and I have full support of my family and friends.

Heres the point: Jesus is worth it. Jesus is worth me leaving my home and following him, Jesus is worth persecution, Jesus is worth dying for. I really don't have much to say besides this. I just wanted to update this to show that my homesickness, though I'm still bugged with it, really is just me being selfish and not thinking about Jesus. My prayer is to be focused on him, on what He's doing, to be wrapped up in him, and just be focused on what he wants. Man God is good! w00t!

1 comment:

  1. Homesickness is a human being on earth.
    Suffering is the sacrament to bring a human home.



    I refer not to the heavenly afterlife, but the Kingdom which is here. Which is in you.

    ReplyDelete