Tuesday, July 27, 2010

The sunset and Talmidim...

I believe theirs power in music; both good and bad. I believe music can bring you closer to God but I also believe that it can sway you and make you live off your emotions. I've been trying to find a healthy balance of how music affects me.

This week we started charting through the book of Exodus; a book about God's deliverance and I don't think this book could come at a better time. I've been struggling with looking back to who I was. So today I woke up and headed straight for Exodus and as I struggled through the first couple chapters and I got to chapter 11 the Passover and final Plague. I think it sunk it how through these Plagues it's not just God's heart that the Hebrews believe in him but also the Egyptians and I think sometimes its easy to read the OT and know that God loves the Jews but he really loves all people and wants to set them free into this promise land, this is why 'a mixed multitude' goes up out of Egypt wanting the promise land.

And the truth is God wants to set all of us free and I have been one of the blessed one who can say that God has set me free and I try to walk in that forgiveness and redemption (for three years now). And something that I am always reminded of as I read these books is that I don't deserve to be set free, but I have been. God has brought me out of my Egypt, how dare I look back at it?

(Heres where everything connects to the top)
I went for a walk today to go meet some friends for dinner and on the way I looked out my window from my house which gives me about an inch view up to the sky and seeing as it has been raining off and on for the past 24 hours I expected rain to join me on my walk. As I walked out the house I put on the song Talmidim (The Servant) by For Today and, for those of you familiar with the song, I got to the first build up where the singer pleads with God for a new name, and worthy to process the name of God and as this happened I looked over and saw one of the most beautiful sun set I've seen in awhile. I wish I could have kept that moment; hearing a plea for newness and seeing such a beautiful site. God didn't have to speak because I know what he would have said. Tim, I've brought you out of the rain, theres so much more beautiful things ahead, don't look back, don't look back...

I know season in my life will come and go, dry seasons, storms, fruitful season all that jazz but I also know that no matter what I am God's and he is mine, nothing will ever bring me back to who I was, not after the grace and love I've experienced. I feel like the Hebrews standing on the opposite side of the Red Sea and it has just closed behind me and all my fears and enemies have been swept away and the sea is closed behind me; theres no go back. never...

I pray as you walk with God the Father, Lord of all creation, that you would strive for the Promise Land, that you would walk your day to day life knowing that Jesus Christ has brought you out of you're Egypt and is brining you home, never go back, always push forward...



No comments:

Post a Comment